The first stage of pregnancy, also referred to as the first trimester, is often a mixture of the best and worst feelings of pregnancy. The early pregnancy symptoms as your body adjust to the influx of hormones and other changes, as well as the joy of discovering that you are pregnant.
The first trimester often brings about the first signs and symptoms of pregnancy which includes morning sickness. Morning sickness generally goes away after the first few weeks of pregnancy.
The first trimester is very important to both you and the baby which is growing and developing inside you, and will require many adjustments to your lifestyle. This is a time when your baby does the most of its developing, and is also the time where he/she stands the biggest chance of developing any complications.
Things you need to do.
- Cut down your intake of caffeine and alcohol
- Begin to take prenatal vitamins
- Ensure that you are eating a healthy nutritional diet
- Drink plenty of fluids during the day
- Wear loose fitting clothes
How this stage of pregnancy will affect you?
- You will miss your first period
- Your breasts will increase in size as the milk glands will begin to multiply
- You will experience the first signs and symptoms of pregnancy
- You will begin to show at the end of this trimester our belly will begin getting rounder as you continue to gain weight and will start to look pregnant
How this stage of pregnancy will affect your baby?
- Your baby will also form genitals, which should be recognizable by the end of this trimester
- Your baby will develop from just a few cells, the size of a pin head to about 8-9cm measured from crown to rump
- Your baby will start to develop eyes, ears, teeth buds, fingers, toes, vital organs and even urine